5 Ways to Spread Love
Spread Love This Valentine's Day!
Valentine's Day isn't just a holiday filled with chocolate and roses - it's an opportunity to spend a day dedicated to all things love! Whether it's a small act of kindness or reconnecting with a friend, we're inviting you to celebrate Valentine's Day by spreading joy in your community. We believe a little love can go a long way, and we've rounded up five small ways you can spread love that make a big impact.
1. Make Someone's Day Brighten someone's day with an act of kindness. When you're standing in line at your local coffee shop, purchase coffee for the person in line behind you, or simply take an extra moment to hold the door open for someone on your way in or out. The act of friendliness possesses the potential to turn someone's day around - to be genuinely kind isn't as common as one would think; so let's change that!
2. Volunteer Your Time What are you passionate about? Find a local organization that is working to alleviate the issues you care about and volunteer with them. Not only will you be investing in a cause, but you will likely find yourself alongside others that share your excitement and dedication. Organizations often need help with bigger events, day to day operations, and volunteering is a great way to connect with your community.
3. Write a Note Try sending a letter or postcard to a friend, or even leaving an anonymous note of encouragement for a stranger to find. This act of kindness is an easy way to bring a smile to someone's face! You can even leave a note for a lady in our program right here. We'll make sure she gets it and knows that you are rooting her on.
4. Words of Affirmation When was the last time you let someone know that you truly appreciate them? Valentine's Day is the perfect time to reflect on the people that really make a difference in our lives and let them know! Make some time to chat on the phone or in person with someone that's special to you - they'll enjoy hearing how much you care and appreciate them.
5. Spend Quality Time Even if it's just for a short while, carve out some time to reconnect with your loved ones. Try doing an activity they love like hiking, cooking, or even exploring somewhere new together. Switch your phone to 'Do Not Disturb' and enjoy one another's company! How are you spreading love this Valentine's Day? Leave us a comment and let us know!
There are no comments yet. Be the first one to post one!